- Ignore trolls; don't even acknowledge that they exist.
- No spamming, racism, hatespeech, linking (without permission), or advertising.
- No Unicode/ASCII emotes (tableflip, Y U NO, ascii-art)
- Banned subjects: Adblock, politics, religion, drugs (including marijuana), piracy, and/or anything illegal are all off the table.
- Try to avoid sexual humor. Keep it (relatively) clean.
- Do not ask about giveaways. They happen rarely and at-random. If you ask, you will be blacklisted from the next one, whenever it happens.
- This channel is marked as Mature; if you are under the age of 18, do NOT mention it. (This includes 'I'm 12 and what is this'.)
- Keep it classy, positive, friendly, and helpful!
- What do you do for a day-job? I'm a senior IT technician.
- Are you doing a livestreaming challenge? Not currently.
- Do you have any pets? Not currently.
- Are you really only Bronze in LoL SQ? Yes.
- What Neverwinter shard do you play on? Mindflayer.
- Shave your snake! That isn't a question.
- Do you play Minecraft? Yes, but not on-stream.
- How long is your hair? About three feet.
- How long have you been growing your hair? 17 years.
Games I Regularly Play
- Payday 2
- League of Legends
- Don't Starve
- Super Meat Boy
- The Binding of Isaac
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- Retrogames (That I own, and show on-camera)
I make an effort to be live by Midnight CST (10pm PST, 6am GMT), and normally run until at least 4am (and usually go much later, until 6-7am).
Casting days are based on PST start-time, on the 'if I haven't slept, it's not tomorrow yet' rule.
- Thursday: League night! League of Legends.
- Friday: Payday (2)! (Semi-suspended until new content)
- Saturday: Community Night! All multiplayer games with members of the community.
- Sunday: Subday Sunday! Subs vote on the game I play, and get first-dibs on multiplayer slots today only.
- Drunken Burnout Ferretdise: the first Saturday of each month.
I have not currently taken on a streaming challenge, so I am not guaranteed-live every night, but I am more consistently here than not; normally only missing (or a bit late) due to midnight showings of movies, tabletop gaming nights, or other RL complications (such as work-related emergencies, fire, flood, and alien abduction to save the universe).
I use OBS (64-bit) to stream, with a native resolution of 1920x1080 and a 1.5 Lanczos downscale to 720p at 60fps, with Aero enabled.
I use a 2500kbps video stream with a 2500kbps buffer, and a CBR encoding. Audio is AAC with a 128kbps bitrate at 44.1khz Stereo, with a 300ms Mic Time Offset.
I have Multithreaded Optimizations set to on, at an Above Normal priority, and a Veryfast h.264 preset.
Force Desktop audio to use video timestamps, and Use Mic QPC timestamps are both on. I don't currently use the microphone noise gate.
- Intel Core i7 920-based system (ASUS P6T Deluxe)
- 48GB Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3-1600 (6x8GB)
- ATi Radeon HD 6870 (OC'ed)
- Logitech c920 1080p Webcam
- (3x) HP w2338h Wide LCD Monitors (@1920x1080)
- Saitek Eclipse II keyboard
- Razer Naga MMO gaming mouse
- Afterglow X360 wired gamepad
- Belkin (Razer) Nostromo n52te Tournament Edition speedpad
- Behringer 1204USB Mixer
- Radio Shack 33-3012 mic ('good version', with minijack->1/4"->XLR adapters)
- Logitech h110 backup headset
- LimoStudio 10'x10' green screen
- 2700K CFL clamp-lights (Home Depot bowl-reflector worklamps)
- cheap Target office chair